Since my last blog post, I've been working on the last refinements of my video. Firstly, sound design. I listened to the audio both with and without headphones, making sure that it was consistent, and louder or quieter when the scene called for it. For instance, a clip showing my grandmother where the sound of a sewing machine can be heard, should be quieter than a clip showing the actual sewing machine whilst it's being used. Additionally, for clips when my voice is overlapped with others' voices, I wanted the volume levels of my voice and my grandmother's voice to be as equivalent as possible, so that voices are difficult to recognise and/or distinguish. This accentuates my intention of fusing subjectivities, and positioning my own self in other's subjectivities within the same community of people (Cypriot women). I also worked on perfecting the timing of the subtitles to make for a more seamless viewing experience. These are the kinds of details that will elevate...
Comments
Post a Comment